Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Portraits.. with my used Minolta 50mm prime, f1.7

After our zoo trip, we went to Amcorp Mall to a late lunch. There was a sunday flea market and i was walking Nidal around when I saw a guy selling old cameras. The first thing that caught my eye was an ancient Minolta SLR with a 50mm prime. I asked for permission to test the lens, booted up my camera, set it to aperture priority and turned the dial. It went all the way up to f1.7!! (for a guy who has an f3.5 and an f4, an f1.7 is really awesome)

Bargained for the camera and lens (he didn't want to just sell the lens) and when my mom and grandma stepped in, the price dropped down to RM80!!!

So here are a few pictures taken using the prime. Have a shallow DOF, and sharp focus. Works well at f2.8..






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

comelnya nidal :)